Friday 13 July 2012

Do you Smash?


Hello! I was just wondering how many of you that have bought a smash book use it and what for? Some of you (well 1 person in particular) took 4 months to finally start smashing as the pages were too pretty to use. (You know who you are ) I have 2 smash books on the go for 2 very different things...


Pictures of Me

My first smash book (which I have named Pictures of Me) I have is for my kids in the future. I have used it a bit like a journal of my life. I didn't know where to start and it would have taken me so long to find photos and put them in order so I didn't. Any photos I find now from my past, I stick on a page and write about everything I remember about it. I find this a much easier way to lay down my stories than scrapping myself :). My Oma (grandmother) used to tell me stories of her photos and I loved hearing them. And you never know when something is going to happen - and its nice if the kids have something to remember me by in my own words. 





Our House

My 2nd smash book is all about our house we plan on building. We are still only at the "we own a block of land" stage but think we will be ready to start building early next year. We have already found the perfect plan, and now whenever I see colours, curtains, furniture etc I like I add it in to my book so I have something to refer back to when we need to start making choices. And he kids LOVE getting involved! They have already chosen their room colours. Its also a great place to start caculating the costs of everything involved.




Weddings and Babies

Did you know they have also released a beautiful Wedding Smash book? If I was getting married now (instead of 9 years ago) I would definately get one. I would use it the same way I use my house one. K&Co have also released a wonderful Baby book. It almost made me want another baby until a friend of mine pointed out we can still stick in all the baby photos / memories from our present kids - no need to have another one....so that will be my next project, 3 x smash baby books and then maybe I will still smash my wedding? Include story of how we met....why we got married where we did etc my mind is buzzing with ideas!

Are you smashing this weekend?



No comments: