Monday 18 February 2013

Craft Storage

I have a LOT of craft supplies here at home, yet I wouldn't have a clue what I really have. Why? Because I don't have the right storage.

I end up putting items in boxes to tidy up and stack the boxes up and then when I need something which I THINK I might have I either can not find it or can't be bothered looking through the 5 or so (ok 20ish or so....) boxes to find it so don't use it.

Take Washi Tape for example. I have around 20 rolls of it in a draw on my desk - but out of sight = out of mind! 

Ever since I have started using the WeR memory keeper tape dispensers I use washi tape a lot more.(so does my daughter...but hey its there to be used right?)

That brings me to my new craft room - I will finally have my own space to spread out all my scrapbooking items instead of sharing the dining table with the kids. But I need to make the most of my space and have everything easily accessible and make it look neat all in one!

So I started an online search and this is what I found: 
NB: (I have repinned them all on to a board in Pinterst so you can track back whose image it is {here} )














There are some great ideas here! My head is spinning with ideas now.... I think a trip to Ikea is in order - I just LOVE their storage items (see bottom photo) and I think draws will work best for me. Although I am rather partial to all the jars and would love to organise my flowers, buttons and ribbons into colours.... but who knows in my busy life how long it will stay looking that pretty!?

How have you organised your craft room? 



1 comment:

Belinda Scott said...

WOW there are some very cool ideas!!! I would be more leaning towards recycling and some of those pics you put up has given me some very cool (not that hubby would think so) ideas :)