Friday 11 November 2011

I've Been Around the World

Scrapbooking is all about preserving memories, and a lot of memories have resurfaced while I have been busy scrapping with October Afternoon's Boarding Pass Collection.

Rather than scrapping more pages from our trip to Europe last year, I decided on the years I spent traveling by sea. I spent 5 years on 3 different cruise ships, working 5 months at a time 7 days a week 12+ hours a day.

We went to see the ballet in St Petersburg, Russia, went night clubbing in Havana, Cuba, swimming with Dolphins in Cozumel Mexico, went on a Gondola ride in Venice, visited the malibu brewery in Barbados, sailed on one of the yachts from the American Cup in St Maarten, and visited so many historical sites in Europe. (Rome, Pisa, Valencia, Venice, Livorno, Sweden, Norway, Nordkap, Finland, Southampton, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Dubrovnik and so much more!)

Unfortunatley as I was working on the ship for so long and visited many places every 2 weeks during a season I rarely had my camera with me as I always thought - next time.

Do you have many memories you would like to scrap but have no photos? What was / is your solution? I might need to order some icon landmark photos online....

No comments: