Thursday 26 April 2012

Your Photos....

Do your photo's ever stop you from making a scrapbook layout? Funny question isn't it?   Sometimes, while being inspired by other people's layouts, either in-house, magazines, blogs or friends layouts, we can actually become uninspired to complete our own pages, because of our photos. Sometimes we think that our happy snaps are just not right for scrapbooking.  I don't know about you, but I get tired of seeing layouts in magazines etc with perfectly dressed and posed kids, taken with the best camera and at a great location. I look at  my photo's taken with my cheap camera and think that they are not good enough to scrap! But that is not right. I  then remind myself why I scrapbook in the first place, and now I will remind you :)
Us scrapbookers scrap because first and foremost we want to capture the fun in the every day events of life, we want to leave a legacy for the next generations to treasure. We want to recorded our kids getting their first teeth, or riding their first bike, or opening gifts at Christmas, or just washing the dog. Or maybe you scrap your Grandchildren, or your Trips overseas, or maybe your pets. I want pics of my kids playing and smiling and laughing and having fun. I want  memories recorded, ones that make me smile and help me to  remember the precious years that go way to quickly.
So I pull out my trusted digital camera that can go wherever I go and I take happy snaps, sometimes they come out blurry and the kids are not framed correctly. Sometimes their clothes don't match, sometimes I even cut off part of the body lol.....But that's ok, they are my memories and deserve to be in my scrapbooks and I should feel proud. I know I will look back and remember those days, and that is what it is about.
So don't look at your photos and disregard them because they are not perfect, perfect is just an illusion.  Capture the beauty you see through the lense, and whatever layout you make will be great. If it has your kids in it, they will think they are fantastic anyway just because they are the star attractions!
Take a look at this link (here) and check out this photographers own happy snaps....while they are picture perfect, they may still may make you smile and be happy to scrap anything!  His kids look like they are having so much fun!
Wishing you all a fantastic week!

No comments: